Monday, July 04, 2005

Guilty Music Pleasure....

This is turning into a music blog.... I witness a really odd thing last night. After coming home from ANOTHER bridal shower, I opened up the door to the den to witness my cousin singing and dancing. Now there is no problem with him singing and dancing... it was what he was singing and dancing to. My cousin, 6'4, 250lbs, "roughneck" was SINGING and DANCING to Cyndi Lauper's Girls Just Want To Have Fun!!!!!... hahahahahahah... He had my headphones on and he was screeching to Cyndi in the most shrilling voice. It was disgusting as it was comical. He tried to play it off like he wasn't embrassed when I tapped him on the shoulder. His defence was "everyone remember's Captain Albano (WWF) in the video"... so who wouldn't be "familiar" with the song. Familiar!!!! I didn't interupt him until the end of the second verse!!!!... HE KNEW THE WORDS!!!! hahahaha... I told him that I would write about it in my blog... but I am not allowed to mention his name. Don't worry Albert... no one will know. I told him it was alright to have a guilty pleasure... I mean we all do. There is this song by this UK group that I love from the early 80s. I searched high and low to find this song again... and I was ecstatic when I did. I was sooo excited about it I pumped all my friends up to hear it one day. I sat them all around... and put in the burnt copy of the song in the cd player... As the first couple of beats pounded thru the speakers... all I heard was laughter... No one appreciated the groovy track. I mean this song was up for awards!!!! It got nominated for an American Music Award. IN THE 80s!!!... Back then the AMA's were credible! Well here you go... a snippet of my guilty music pleasure Freeze... AEIOU (and sometimes Y) http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000010HE/qid=1120527254/701-6671628-2821154 Sorry to those that I may offend.... yeah right! What is your guilty music pleasure?

2 Comments:

Blogger Lester T. said...

no complaints about it being a music blog. i wasn't able to hear your song because i don't use real audio. ?/ i'm kind of stubborn that way.

hmmm, guilty pleasure... i bought a gowan album once. and i liked it.

12:42 AM  
Blogger Jinx said...

Gowan?! Wow!... hmmmm.... You're a strange animal :D
Never mind that Criminal Mind is a great track.

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home