Saturday, July 09, 2005

Live 8

Ok... so it feels like years since I last posted. I have been pleasantly distracted these last couple of days with a certain someone. So my time on the computer is extremely occupied, which I don't mind at all.

    I am also going thru the lost of 'The Worlds Greatest Neighbour' Eric. Eric passed away suddenly a couple of days ago, 6 years shy of 60. It seems like that is the new thing that is going on. People who have not even reached retirement age passing on. Makes me wonder if that is something that I am going to have to look towards... working my ass off to make someone else wealthy... and dying without reaping the benefits of my own hard labour. Mind you, I am noticing the trend amoung individuals who migrate to Canada. I am not trying to get into the whole corrupt labour system that exist in this country... all I am going to say about it, is that it f&^%ing sucks.

    What also sucks is that I am now hearing about this Live 8 thing. Where the hell was I when all this was going on? So much for making it a world issue and a long walk for justice. I heard a little buzz about it... and flipped over it in the newspaper... but I did not entertain any of it because all I saw was Bono and Bob Geldof mumbling about injustice going on somewhere in the world. It seemed like they were both up to their same tactics.... maybe if they had someone else be the ring leader for a change, I may have humoured the situation a bit and exercised more diligence in the matter. Don't get me wrong I am concerned with world issues, but if you really want to get my attention... add a little fire to the pot... something fresh and exciting.

      Someone is going to have to enlighten me on the outcome of this...

      2 Comments:

      Blogger Lester T. said...

      what gets me is that we don't get to see the benefits of our dollars. what has happened since the last time billions of dollars in aid was given? that's how this whole thing should have been promoted, not an attack on certain countries' leaders.

      oh, i'm sorry, that's right. there was no real progress since the last time.

      3:01 PM  
      Blogger Jinx said...

      You have a valid point. Not only do we not see the benefits of our dollars, we never know where they go and who they are benefiting. mind you I have an idea... I guess I should be glad that I was kept in the dark about the whole thing. I probably would have got real sour and bitter about the whole charade. Did any of the performers benefit from this?

      3:49 PM  

      Post a Comment

      << Home