Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas Carols - No Thanks.

Am I the only one that does not like Christmas carols? I mean I don't like them. There are a few songs that I can tolerate... but only to find out that they are hymes and not carols. All that "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer" "Jingle Bells" "Silents Night" oh and my ultimate "Wish you a Merry Christmas"... burn my ears. My skin is crawling just thinking about it. I don't like carols and that's that. I know this is Christmas and Tis the Season... but I would rather hear something fresh and new each year. I know that some artist come out with their own renditions or make new Christmas songs... but is that all really necessary? Frankly I find it insulting.
Maybe because it doesn't feel like Christmas, and I am pissed that I am broke for nothing, that I feel this way. Yeah, yeah... Scrooge and BaaHumBug... but "yuck" is the only word that I can think of right now. I refuse to be frantic and run around like a chicken with my head cut off just because it is Christmas. I made it a point last year to not stress over it and to enjoy it for what it is worth. But what is it worth? No matter how hard you try.. you will always be caught in the trap that is Christmas.
Someday something may strike me for all the things that I have said. But one day Christmas may be meaningful to me again, and I may sing along with the songs that I presently cannot stand.
I don't want to continue to rant about this.... so on this last note...
Merry Christmas.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

Just passing through, cool blog.

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personalized Christmas ornaments Baby's 1st Christmas Ornament ideas. Please visit Personalized Christmas ornaments

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your blog! Christmas gift ideas These ornaments are Presented in a handsome velvet drawstring bag. Please visit Christmas gift ideas

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home