Thursday, December 01, 2005

Depeche Mode

Just came back from the Depeche Mode concert at the ACC. Not a bad show. I would have to say this is the first time that I have been a concert where every single person in the crowd was on their feet moving. It was a real harmonious. Waves of people singing and dancing… it was cool.
I would have to say after all this time the band still has it. They sounded great! It was like listening to the cd full blast. They played some of their new songs... which I have to admit I was only familiar with one. Then they let it all loose with "Never Let Me Down Again" "Behind the Wheel" "Personal Jesus" "Everything Counts" "Just Can't Get Enough" and my personal fav. "Enjoy the Silence"... that's all I can remember right now. There are some songs they didn't do and I thought they would but I can't figure it out.
The only thing was I couldn’t figure out the flow or the theme of the show… (if there was any) and it was interesting how Dave had his shirt on for the first 2 songs and it was never seen again.
I would love to elaborate on the show but I am still on a bizz and I am tired as hell… tomorrow… I will let you know… But great show non-the-less.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lester T. said...

I recall listening to and loving the first song that I listened by them. I was in Physics class with my Walkman and someone passed me a tape with (wait for it...) "People are People" on it and I was hooked. I had to get everything from "Speak and Spell" onward. Well, the first album that I got was "Some Great Reward" because of the above mentioned single. However, my interest diverged when Vince Clarke left and formed Yazoo (Yaz, to us) and later Erasure. I kept up with DM until about "Violator." I was also into New Order (and previously Joy Division) and OMD near about the same time.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home