Sunday, August 07, 2005

Ibrahim Ferrer - Missing out on the greats!

It's a sad day in my music world today, Ibrahim Ferrer of the Buena Vista Social Club has died. He is the third member in 2 years that has died. Ferrer in my eyes was a musical genius, passionate and smooth. Real smooth. I have been anxiously waiting to see him in concert one day. Now.....
It's times like this when you miss out on great opportunities, that make you kick yourself for not taking the time to do things. This can apply to several things in life; but I am just talking about shows. I have missed some great performers!
I cannot really arrow it down to one reason, because something different always comes up. I missed A Tribe Called Quest, because of a bloody flu. I missed Prince 3 times!!! And I had TICKETS!!!... Missed Patti LaBelle because we didn't sneak into the show until it was over (pathetic) Missed Phil Collins, Bloc Party, Michael Jackson, Digable Planets, Duran Duran, Lion King, Phantom of the Opera, Hall and Oates and Michael McDonald!!! That's just to name a few....
Now I have to pray that they go on tour again.
On that note... I am off to listen to some Buena Vista and perpare myself for another wedding!
ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home