Monday, January 16, 2006

Helene FolaSade Adu

I am not one to follow up on artist or celebrities... especially if stuff is splashed all over the tabloids. But I will have to say that today is the birthday of one of my ultimate favorite artist. Helen FolaSade Adu.... I love her! She epitomizes the grace, elegance and versatility that many women in the music industry will never be able to embrace IMHO. She is cooler than cool.... and gifted with most impeccable group of musicians. (Sweetback.. check them out www.sweetback.com ) If you don't know any songs by Ms. Sade Adu... I suggest you pull your head out your @%# and nurture your ears with an eclectic blend of jazz, soul, R&B, and superb songwriting.

http://www.sade.com check it out... I know she has not release anything new in awhile... but don't hesitate to indulge. Catch up and reflect.... It may be 20 years old but it is fresher than anything that is out at present.

Talking about tabloids.... I am sick of all this bantering about Angelina and Brad. I don't think she broke up Brad and Jen. That marriage was on the rocks before Angelina even came into the picture... and is seems that the relationship between Jolie and Pitt is working out for the two of them... I say kudos and happiness for everyone!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, the illustrious Ms. Sade. She's one of my favorite artists as well - and she always manages to stay out of the "spotlight". Very low-key and a lady I've admired for over 20 years :)

5:55 PM  
Blogger Lester T. said...

Wow! It seems that your musical tastes intersect with mine unexplicably. I remember listening to "Diamond Life" on vinyl (whuts that?) over and over while I was studying. Her vocals were as smooth as silk and hotter than melted wax at the same time. Yes, those 2 similes connote the sexiness that she embodies exactly. Unfortunately, I did not keep up with her last albums (Love Deluxe, Lovers Rock) as my tastes wandered vastly... and I probably got sidetracked with the likes of Swing Out Sister and Lisa Stansfield. Also, I was heavily entranced with almost anything that Stock, Aitken and Waterman touched.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous hip hop honeys said...

Wow .. very nice

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home